Aggressive network extensions fueled by customer demand for custom all-fiber connectivity to critical digital destinations
NEW YORK, May 9, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Lightpath, an infrastructure-based, all-fiber connectivity provider that is revolutionizing the way organizations connect to their digital destinations, today announced that its fiber footprint has reached the milestone of 20,000 miles of road, 13,500 service points and 2,000 wireless dominates its network.
The milestones are the result of rapid expansion efforts, which began immediately after Altice UNITED STATES and Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners (MSIP) have joined forces to make Lightpath an independent company and have also put in place a new management team with a vision for growth.
“Over the past 16 months, Lightpath has become a rapidly growing fiber operator, adding thousands of miles of network, adding thousands of new service points, more than doubling the number of wireless towers we serve, and even adding several new markets, including Greater Boston. At the same time, Lightpath has invested millions of dollars in the latest Ciena and Cisco technologies to offer customers the latest connectivity services, with the best reliability and with bandwidth options up to 800 Gbps,” explained Chris MorleyCEO of Lightpath.
With over 30 years of experience in the fiber infrastructure industry, Lightpath has the densest network among competing fiber carriers in the New York metropolitan area and is rapidly increasing the scale of its network in Massachusetts. Lightpath has also invested in its people, more than doubling the size of its sales and customer service teams since early 2021. Fortune 100 companies, wireless carriers, hyperscalers, carriers, healthcare organizations, financial services, governments, educators and thousands of other customers – all trust Lightpath for connectivity to their critical digital destinations.
Lightpath milestones over the past 16 months include:
- New industry-experienced management team led by CEO Chris Morleyformer COO of Zayo, Doug Dalisandroformer CRO of Lightower, and Phil Oliveroformer CTO of Lightower.
- Complete optical network upgrade to the Ciena WaveLogic 5 Extreme 800 Gbps platform.
- Milestone of 2,000 contracted wireless tower sites in service or in progress, resulting in wireless industry-focused solutions, including 10G and dark fiber services.
- Enhanced service offerings for the hyperscaler industry, including latency-optimized dark fiber and optical transport solutions.
- Improved service offerings at regional cable landing stations, including dark fiber availability and various routing options.
- Double the sales and customer support teams to better serve customers.
- Entry into the Greater Boston market through multiple acquisitions, enabling market entry with a ready-to-use network of over 100 road miles.
- Entered the Queens, NY market via a network expansion of over 100 route miles.
- Entry into the PrincetonNJ market via network expansion of over 50 miles of route.
- Two suites Boston regional network expansions, adding more than 100 additional route miles.
- New 300 miles Ashburn, Virginia for New York Geographically diverse metro route from the I-95 corridor to support critical connectivity between these data center hubs.
- Opening of new local support offices in Boston and manhattan.
- New network route through the Mario Cuomo Bridge to support through or around routing options New York Cityand provide routing options for the Northeast as a whole.
Follow Lightpath on LinkedIn and Twitter. For more information, visit www.lightpathfiber.com.
Lightpath is revolutionizing the way customers connect to their digital destinations by combining our next-generation network with our next-generation customer service. Lightpath’s advanced fiber optic network offers a complete portfolio of custom-designed connectivity solutions with unmatched performance, reliability and security. Our consultative customer service means we work with you to design, deliver and support the right solution for your unique needs, faster and easier than ever. For over 30 years, thousands of businesses, governments, and educators have trusted Lightpath to fuel their organization’s innovation. Altice UNITED STATES (NYSE: ATUS) owns a 50.01% controlling interest in Lightpath and Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners (MSIP) owns 49.99% of the Company.
Find out how Lightpath can connect you to your digital destinations: www.lightpathfiber.com
For media inquiries:
JSA for Lightpath
1-866-695-3629 ext. 13
SOURCE continuous-row lighting